Sharing a full review of the HigherDOSE red light face mask and if it’s worth the cost. This post is not sponsored, but you can use my referral link to check it out and FITNESSISTA15 for a discount.
Does anyone else get a kick out of beauty products that scare the heck out of their family members?
It’s a little toooooo satisfying to turn a corner wearing a sheet mask and watch the Pilot jump when he sees me.
I also have to say at this point, no one is truly phased by my antics anymore. It’s not unusual to see me wearing a charcoal face mask, or a sheet mask, having Frownies attached at various points all over my face, or emitting a lovely red glow as I wear my LED mask.
While I haven’t done any injections – Botox and fillers freak me out. I’ll never say never, but it’s not for me right now – I WILL try anything else. Gua sha, jade roller, masks, serums, facials, give me all the things. It’s fun to share some of my top picks here on the blog, and today, I’m so excited to feature something I’ve been loving and using for many months now: the HigherDOSE LED red light mask.
HigherDOSE Red Light Face Mask Review
I’m a huge fan of HigherDOSE (I use their sauna blanket a few times per week (review here) and the PEMF Go mat every single day) and couldn’t wait to try their red light mask when it was released last fall. I’d lurked various brands but wasn’t ready to commit. I was glad I waited because I knew that this would be an amazing product since I love everything HigherDOSE produces.
How does the HigherDOSE Red Light Face Mask work?
The HigherDOSE Red Light Face Mask can be used for short-term skin goals or as part of a daily routine. The facemask includes red and near-infrared lights that can help to boost mood, collagen production, and skin healing, and can help to reduce wrinkles and sun spots. It’s non-invasive and limits low-level rejuvenating wavelengths that are found in natural sunlight. I notice that it has an instant calming effect and is such a mood booster, especially during the cold winter months.
Red Light Face Mask Benefits
– It’s cordless! I LOVE that you can use it anywhere and not have to worry about a cord.
– You can also set a timer for 10 minutes or 20 minutes depending on how long you need to achieve your desired results.
– It was designed for active lifestyles, and HigherDOSE included an extra head strap so you can wear it while you walk around, read a book, work out, or practice yoga.
– You can use it anywhere you’d like to work on improving skin texture and promoting healing. I’ve been a fan of red light for years and also use it when I’m recovering from an injury. (I used red light on my broken pinky as it was healing. Obviously, talk to your doctor and don’t use it on any open wounds mmm k?)
– Gently wash your face before using the mask. Don’t use the mask while you have a lot of heavy sunscreen, makeup, or creams on your face. It does not use UV light, so you don’t have to worry about SPF on your face
– Try it while you meditate! That’s one of my favorite ways to use it.
– Gently clean the mask as needed using a nontoxic cleaning cloth. It’s made out of medical-grade silicone and the LED lights are attached to this.
How often should you use it?
Whenever you want to!
You can use it daily or a few times a week. But it’s important to remember that your skin can only handle so much of this type of treatment before it becomes irritated and inflamed. I use it every couple of days before bed, or during my morning meditation.
Do you need to wear eye protection with a red light mask?
The lights are BRIGHT. It says that you can read or do other things while using the mask, but I find that it’s too bright for me to do anything else than meditate or listen to a podcast with my eyes closed (which is a nice break). I checked with a good friend, who is an esthetician, about needing to wear eye protection while using the mask. She said that she recommends it. The mask does come with blackout goggles, which I use while I’m wearing it.
Is the Red Light Face Mask worth it?
YES. I notice my skin feels softer and I feel grounded energy on the days I use it! I’m a huge fan of infrared heat and have loved red light for years since it can reduce inflammation and improve healing. As I said, I’m all about non-invasive treatments right now, so this was a no-brainer for me. This mask can help you achieve an unmatched natural glow if used in as little as 3-5 times. It uses 62 LED bulbs to emit red light that penetrates your skin, giving it a boost of oxygen and nutrients that help your skin heal. Red light therapy is also designed to eliminate harmful UV rays, which can cause wrinkles and uneven skin tone over time.
Let me know if you decide to give it a try! I have a referral link here and the code FITNESSISTA15 gets ya a discount.
Have you discovered any new fitness, health, or skin care gadgets/tools you’re loved lately? Shout it out in the comments! I always like discovering new things.