Creating a healthy and balanced lifestyle in the modern world can sometimes seem impossible. While experts agree that a balanced lifestyle is critical to health on every level, the demands of everyday life – especially as a worldwide pandemic turns established routines on their heads – can be daunting to manage. Too often, when life gets stressful it is our health that suffers the most. Let’s take a look at a few ways to help bring some sanity back into a chaotic life.
Establishing routine self-care is an integral part of getting your health back on track. While most people will readily agree that time to take care of their personal needs – mental, emotional, and physical – is important, one of the most common mistakes a person can make is assuming that they will simply fit in self-care when they have free time. Establishing a self-care routine is the one thing you can do that will best help you begin to feel like you’re in control of your own life. Easier said than done, right? Well, maybe not:
1. Recognize your personal signs of distress. It’s important to recognize the signals our body sends when its needs aren’t being met. Maybe you find yourself angry, resentful, forgetful, fatigued, or worried, to name a few. By being aware of your body’s distress signals, you can more easily recognize where more self-care is needed.
2. Don’t do things you hate. A critical part of self-care is making space in your regular daily life for the things that make you feel refreshed, energized, and happy. That gets harder if your free time and energy is being sapped by toxic people or practices. Before you add anything into your already packed schedule, take a critical look at what you can safely cut out.
3. Schedule in the little things. Small boosts to your wellness can make quite a difference over time. A 5-minute meditation break may seem like a small thing, but over time the difference in stress levels can be quite pronounced. Try a 10-minute yoga break in the afternoon. Take a 10-minute walk during your lunch break. Whatever your need, from fitness tracking to mental health support or even sleep improvement, there are plenty of apps available to help you schedule moments of self-care in a way that works for your life.
4. Be mindful of nutrition. Diet and nutrition can be the biggest factor in keeping you healthy. While whole foods and a diet diverse in nutrient-dense fruits and vegetables is ideal, for especially stressed people nutrient deficiencies can only be addressed with high-quality supplements. Check our Vitamins + Supplements page for verified and vetted quality supplements to address your unique needs and help you stay nourished and healthy.
5. Take advantage of new ways of doing things. The advent of telehealth has been a great blessing for people with busy schedules. Medical offices of all kinds are offering this option to patients looking to tend to their health (mental and physical) within the confines of restricted traveling ability or a tight schedule. To get your healthy living goals on track, let Olivera Weight Loss help you with Medical Weight Loss Telehealth. You can schedule in your care wherever you are!
If you’re looking to create a healthier life for yourself, Olivera Weight Loss is always happy to help. We take your health seriously, and we hope you will too. Create a healthy and balanced lifestyle for yourself today, and remember you have support when you need it!